Avalanche!



It was supposed to be a pack getaway but sick imprints from all the flu going around, schedules and whatever else kept it to just Jared and Kim, Embry, Hayley, Quil and Me. Sure we missed the others but the six of us get along really well.... kind of. Let's say Hayley and I get along really well. Embry and Hayley get along really well. Quil and I get along really well. Quil and Hayley get along in an really awkward way and Quil and Embry may have an actual dual over Cheetos some day. I'm not kidding. Still, we love each other and were excited to have a weekend in this gorgeous cabin up in the mountains.

La Push and Forks don't get much snow and Quil and I had been talking about snowball fights and snow angels for awhile so when Embry said he found a place for the weekend, we all joined in! The cabin wasn't as big as the pictures made it look but we made it work. Jared and Kim had one bedroom, Embry and Hayley the other and Quil and I took the recliner and couch in the living room.

I've never seen so much snow in my entire life as I did last week! It was breathtaking, covering all of the pine trees and hills in this glistening blanket of white. Being 108 degrees all the time in a cabin with two human girls, one who doesn't know about the wolves, kept both fireplaces going twenty-four hours a day so it was HOT! The snow and the outside was bliss when I thought I was going to melt. More than once I snuck out in shorts and my tank top to take a walk or roll in the snow and play.

We were set to go home on Monday but late Sunday night there was an avalanche that blocked the road to our cabin. The snow had been relentless over the weekend so we knew getting out wasn't going to be easy if we were going to keep our wolf-selves hidden from Hayley. We had hardly enough food, no way to drive away, and a lot of nerves in a small cabin.

It wasn't just me sneaking away to get out of the cabin though. Quil has had this major thing for Hayley forever now. He says its a crush. I say its more AND she is practically engaged to his brother! From commenting on Hayley's ass during Twister on the first night to Embry eating everything in sight and leaving us hangry, it was REALLY tense and Quil left the cabin for hours. Basically, if I didn't wander around outside, I sat inside, roasting and watching TV with two couples. It wasn't a bad place to be because the outside was a lot of fun, but I felt a little lonely and out of place.

I finally decided that I was going to go find out where Quil had been hiding all this time. He had made this little igloo in the snow that was the perfect temperature and he had snacks! Score one point for the genius! I climed into the fort to hang out for a little while and had a great afternoon with him. Later that night we went back to the cabin to watch movies and we fell asleep on the pull out couch.



The next morning when I woke up he and I were snuggled together in bed. My head was on his shoulder and my hand on his stomach, like I always used to sleep next to him. I was dreaming a really good dream and could feel his skin and smell his familiar smell *blushes*. I woke slowly and looked at him still asleep and I can't remember the last time I felt so relaxed and comfortable. I knew I should move and that it wasn't right but it "felt" right. It felt normal and when he opened his eyes and looked back at him, it took everything I had not to lean up and kiss him and get closer. I just kept softly scratching his side and stomach and then Embry came stomping his hungry ass down the steps -_-

I should probably be grateful that he walked in. I know the feelings I have for Quil are one-sided. I know we were asleep when we snuggled together like we did, and I know it was wrong, but I'm not sorry. Embry kind of smirked then sat down and Quil and I moved awkwardly away from each other and went on with the day. The next night he was in the recliner again so I'm sure he felt awful and I won't bring it up. I don't want to embarras him.

All in all, even with the arguements and hiding, the cabin was a lot of fun and I'm glad we went. Josh was scared to death since I was supposed to come to his apartment for dinner and I didnt' have cell service to call him and say why I never showed up, but I've talked to him about the trip and told him what I could which included being trapped. He knows about Twister, playing in the snow and eating more oatmeal than I plan to eat in the next five years. I didn't mention how I woke up with Quil, not because it matters but because its private and it's all mine for now. Josh isn't my boyfiend really. He knows we live together and that we are best friends and closer than close. Its not worth bothering him over. Right?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is Halloween

He Stayed

Every Little Thing is Gonna Be Alright