The Kiss that Finally Happened

I will never ever look at a marshmallow the same way again! Quil and I I met at Second Beach last night to have a bonfire and make some s'mores. The weather was perfect and drew out some of the area tourists. Who wouldn't want to come to Second Beach, I mean look at it, its beautiful! Quil burnt one of his marshmallows to a crisp and decided that he couldn't possibly eat it so he threw it. One of the hikers saw it and wondered what it was. We heard them and laughed and I decided to grab some more and throw them at them. Well, I accidentally hit one of them in the back of the head *LOL* and they turned around to come find out who was throwing marshmallows at them.

Quil and I laughed and ran to hide from them stopping at one of the caves on the beach. If you've never been there, they are almost magical. (I posted a picture below.) We ran back in to the cave and hid in one of the corners. There wasn't much room to move so Quil and I were close together with my hands on his chest hiding and trying to keep our laughter down so as to not be heard. Once things were quiet, I noticed how close we were and could feel his heart pounding. I didn't know what to say or what to do... everything just felt so perfect. Being there with him, being just me and happy with him. I had to look away or I knew my face would give everything away.

I couldn't imagine that he would feel the same way as I did. That when he pushed my hair back from my face, gently pulled my chin up and kissed me. I have wanted to kiss him so many times but didn't want to take a chance on messing up our friendship. He is my best friend and the person I can turn to for anything at anytime and this just felt so.... right. That is when he pulled me closer and I knew things were okay so I melted in to his kiss.

All I could do was smile and the next thing I knew I could hear Leah's voice calling us. Neither Quil nor I knew what to say to her so he left to patrol and Leah and I had a marshmallow and talked college for a few minutes before my sister Layla called. Oh poor Layla... she had to hear me ramble on and on but I just HAD to tell someone! I went home and talked with her until early in the morning and then dozed off for a bit before getting up for work this morning.

I am still giddy. I don' t know what it will be like the next time Quil and I see each other and to be honest, I am a little nervous. I hope he is as happy about this today as I am.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is Halloween

He Stayed

Every Little Thing is Gonna Be Alright