Sedona

I've been on a travel spree since November and I haven't taken the time to write about anything I've done. I guess I can blame it on being busy with two coffee shops, patrol, and trying to have any sort of life outside of work. The thing is, I like work. It keeps me busy and I'm good at it. Other parts of my life, not so much.

I'll start here. The other two trips will be in the next two blogs.


For my birthday, I wanted to get out of town. It had been ages since I had left Washington for fun and I needed to get away. Who else would I want to go with me than Quil, of course. I wasn't sure he would be allowed to go since he has a girlfriend and everything but he managed to get away for a few days.  Honestly, if he wasn't able to go, I was ready to go alone but that wasn't what I wanted. I wanted to get away with him and have some fun - just the two of us. This place and this whole trip were magic. Literally. There are vortexes that change your energy, hidden hot springs to swim in and a night sky that was breathtaking.

We hiked all over the desert. There were tight crevices between the rocks to squeeze through on your way to the top of the mountain where most humans couldn't reach. Quil and I were the only ones around and made sure we camped away from the normal crowds so we didn't have to hide. After all, if you're going to spend time in nature and you are a freak of nature, you should own it. We were free to shift, run, be strong, and do whatever we wanted without a bunch of humans wondering what was happening. They were confused enough by the vortexes; we didn't need to mess with their heads any more. ;)

I won't go into too many details since it was all the way back in November but I will tell you that I had a favorite part. Laying with him on top of the mountain and looking up at the sky was amazing. We have always had this connection and this closeness that should be less than it is but, to me, it only gets stronger. We swam and played in one of the hot springs and when we got out, we got to lay next to each other, soaking wet and see this. Its so hard for me not to touch him so I held his hand and kept my mouth shut and it was perfect.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is Halloween

He Stayed

Every Little Thing is Gonna Be Alright