He Stayed

Between patrolling, the diner, my classes, and trying to make time to sleep I feel like my time is pretty well consumed. I had been studying and patrolling and all weekend long, my dad was out of town so the house was painfully quiet, and I needed a break. I went downstairs to the pantry and found everything I needed to make lasagna and brownies. So, to give myself a brain break, I started to cook something besides cereal and PB&J for dinner. All that food, a quiet house, now all I wanted was company so I texted Quil and asked him to come over for dinner. Thats when the idea hit me that this was a date night so I decided to light some candles and turn on music. Everything was set, dinner was ready and then Quil came over and everything was perfect.

Since the weather was great, we ate dinner on the back patio. I'm still amazed at how comfortable and easy things are with him. Part of me feels like I am breaking some unspoken rule by feeling the way I do, but the rest of me is too happy to care. He knows more about me than anyone and there isn't anything I couldn't tell him. You know, I started thinking yesterday about when I first came to La Push and all the things I didn't know about and for every one of them, he helped answer those questions. Of course, there was always Jake to help with the phasing and that was
huge but for the questions that came up later, or the situations that I couldn't explain to Matt, it was always Quil. Crazy things like stopping the fight with Leah when I first got here or coming all the way to Seattle after my failed date night with Matt. Explaining imprinting, helping me learn to block my thoughts while patrolling, and getting me through one of the most difficult time of my life.

I could go on and on but you understand - he is my best friend. Maybe thats why deciding to take things to the next level wasn't a decision that I wanted to take lightly. Sex isn't something that I wanted to just jump in to for the fun of it. This was different and it was what I wanted because it was real. There weren't expectations and there wasn't any pressure. It was comfortable and it was sweet and I know it was right because he stayed, and I don't think I have ever been happier.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is Halloween

Every Little Thing is Gonna Be Alright