Home?

Last Friday Becca and I drove down to Seattle to do a little vintage shopping for her bakery. I told her earlier in the week about some great little shops I knew of where we could pick up old concert posters and t-shirts. In case you're lost, she is doing the bakery in a sort -of Hard Rock Cafe theme. Its going to be amazing with murals and bright colors and the best thing - the uniforms are concert tees and jeans. Finally, no more diner uniform!

While we were there we talked a little bit about what it was like for me growing up in Seattle and how it feels when I go back now. My mom and sister, Layla, still live in Seattle. In case you missed a giant chunk of my personal history, I wasn't raised in La Push. I was born here but then my super non-traditional mom decided that she needed out, and that she didn't want her girls growing up believing in a bunch of silly myths and legends. I guess I shot that right out of the water for her LOL! So, living in Seattle for 16 years, you would think that it would be "home" for me and it is in a way. I know how to stand up for myself, how to think for myself and how to find my mom and sister when I need them. The funny thing is that while I've only been back at my dad's house for a few months, La Push already feels more like home than Seattle ever did.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is Halloween

He Stayed

Every Little Thing is Gonna Be Alright